Looks like Justin Garner‘s gotten into a little trouble with his girl since last he stepped into the Booth. On the lead single off his forthcoming EP, a track penned by the rising R&B star himself, Garner recounts how a Criminally seductive shawty broke through his defenses, stole his heart, and caused him to stray from an otherwise-perfect relationship with his main girl. Fidelity may not be Garner’s strong suit, but, as the Southern buzzmaker continues to prove, soaring vocals most definitely are. Backed by Dominic “Tic Toc” Bazile ‘s dramatic, string-drenched production, the singer pulls out all the stops, delivering enough falsetto-fortified melismatic runs to convince even the most suspicious female of his sincerity. If this sweeping R&B scorcher strikes a chord, you won’t have to wait long for more new material from the Booth-approved crooner. Garner’s latest EP, Sound of My Heart, is scheduled for release next Monday, the 12th.
Listen to More: Justin Garner
Written by richard on 04/8/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Speed Limit" (2009)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.