Looks like Justin Garner‘s gotten into a little trouble with his girl since last he stepped into the Booth. On the lead single off his forthcoming EP, a track penned by the rising R&B star himself, Garner recounts how a Criminally seductive shawty broke through his defenses, stole his heart, and caused him to stray from an otherwise-perfect relationship with his main girl. Fidelity may not be Garner’s strong suit, but, as the Southern buzzmaker continues to prove, soaring vocals most definitely are. Backed by Dominic “Tic Toc” Bazile ‘s dramatic, string-drenched production, the singer pulls out all the stops, delivering enough falsetto-fortified melismatic runs to convince even the most suspicious female of his sincerity. If this sweeping R&B scorcher strikes a chord, you won’t have to wait long for more new material from the Booth-approved crooner. Garner’s latest EP, Sound of My Heart, is scheduled for release next Monday, the 12th.
Written by richard on 04/8/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Speed Limit" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.