Looks like Justin Garner‘s gotten into a little trouble with his girl since last he stepped into the Booth. On the lead single off his forthcoming EP, a track penned by the rising R&B star himself, Garner recounts how a Criminally seductive shawty broke through his defenses, stole his heart, and caused him to stray from an otherwise-perfect relationship with his main girl. Fidelity may not be Garner’s strong suit, but, as the Southern buzzmaker continues to prove, soaring vocals most definitely are. Backed by Dominic “Tic Toc” Bazile ‘s dramatic, string-drenched production, the singer pulls out all the stops, delivering enough falsetto-fortified melismatic runs to convince even the most suspicious female of his sincerity. If this sweeping R&B scorcher strikes a chord, you won’t have to wait long for more new material from the Booth-approved crooner. Garner’s latest EP, Sound of My Heart, is scheduled for release next Monday, the 12th.
Written by richard on 04/8/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Speed Limit" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.