After hearing Justin Garner‘s last feature, Soundz-produced ballad Runaway, Booth readers and staff agreed that the Lousiana-bred up-and-comer was headed straight to pop stardom. Now, with the summer 2010 release of his debut studio album glimmering on the horizon, the singer’s joined forces with DJBooth to bring early adopters across the ‘net his new White Labels EP. Among the remixes and covers to appear on the five-track set is this revamp of Can’t Breathe, a cut off UK singer/songwriter Leona Lewis’ recently-released sophomore full-length, Echo. Garner’s soaring vocals sound right at home over Uriel Kadouch & Vein‘s uplifting, reverb-drenched synth-strings, and the finished product sounds more like a full-fledged collabo than a remix; with Garner’s addition, the track’s melisma-packed climax is rendered even more breathtaking than on the original. Like what you’re hearing? Check back with us on December 15, to download your very own copy of DJBooth.net Presents: The White Labels.
Listen to More: Justin Garner Written by richard
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Speed Limit" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.