After hearing Justin Garner‘s last feature, Soundz-produced ballad Runaway, Booth readers and staff agreed that the Lousiana-bred up-and-comer was headed straight to pop stardom. Now, with the summer 2010 release of his debut studio album glimmering on the horizon, the singer’s joined forces with DJBooth to bring early adopters across the ‘net his new White Labels EP. Among the remixes and covers to appear on the five-track set is this revamp of Can’t Breathe, a cut off UK singer/songwriter Leona Lewis’ recently-released sophomore full-length, Echo. Garner’s soaring vocals sound right at home over Uriel Kadouch & Vein‘s uplifting, reverb-drenched synth-strings, and the finished product sounds more like a full-fledged collabo than a remix; with Garner’s addition, the track’s melisma-packed climax is rendered even more breathtaking than on the original. Like what you’re hearing? Check back with us on December 15, to download your very own copy of DJBooth.net Presents: The White Labels.
Listen to More: Justin Garner
Written by richard on 11/30/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Speed Limit" (2009)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.