After hearing Justin Garner‘s last feature, Soundz-produced ballad Runaway, Booth readers and staff agreed that the Lousiana-bred up-and-comer was headed straight to pop stardom. Now, with the summer 2010 release of his debut studio album glimmering on the horizon, the singer’s joined forces with DJBooth to bring early adopters across the ‘net his new White Labels EP. Among the remixes and covers to appear on the five-track set is this revamp of Can’t Breathe, a cut off UK singer/songwriter Leona Lewis’ recently-released sophomore full-length, Echo. Garner’s soaring vocals sound right at home over Uriel Kadouch & Vein‘s uplifting, reverb-drenched synth-strings, and the finished product sounds more like a full-fledged collabo than a remix; with Garner’s addition, the track’s melisma-packed climax is rendered even more breathtaking than on the original. Like what you’re hearing? Check back with us on December 15, to download your very own copy of DJBooth.net Presents: The White Labels.
Listen to More: Justin Garner
Written by richard on 11/30/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Speed Limit" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.