After hearing Justin Garner‘s last feature, Soundz-produced ballad Runaway, Booth readers and staff agreed that the Lousiana-bred up-and-comer was headed straight to pop stardom. Now, with the summer 2010 release of his debut studio album glimmering on the horizon, the singer’s joined forces with DJBooth to bring early adopters across the ‘net his new White Labels EP. Among the remixes and covers to appear on the five-track set is this revamp of Can’t Breathe, a cut off UK singer/songwriter Leona Lewis’ recently-released sophomore full-length, Echo. Garner’s soaring vocals sound right at home over Uriel Kadouch & Vein‘s uplifting, reverb-drenched synth-strings, and the finished product sounds more like a full-fledged collabo than a remix; with Garner’s addition, the track’s melisma-packed climax is rendered even more breathtaking than on the original. Like what you’re hearing? Check back with us on December 15, to download your very own copy of DJBooth.net Presents: The White Labels.
Written by richard on 11/30/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Speed Limit" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.