Justin Bieber has come a long way from his teenybopper beginnings, and nowhere is this more apparent than on PYD, the latest single in his #MusicMondays series. Backed by an unknown beatsmith’s cloudy synths and barely-there percussion, the 19-year-old crooner promises his girl, “I’mma put you down.” No, she’s not into being insulted—he’s literally gonna put her down on every surface in his house, “from the stove to the countertop” to, of course, the bed. Midway through, R&B heavyweight R. Kelly grabs the mic to brainstorm a few more possible locations: “On the roof, balcony.. after the club, in the parking lot.” Feeling it? Then watch our front page for further highlights in Bieber’s ongoing series. Those craving more form Kells can check out the singer’s guest contributions to recent cuts from Lady Gaga (Do What U Want) and Bruno Mars (Gorilla (G-Mix)).
Written by richard on 11/18/13
Submit your Rating
The Island/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Eenie Meenie" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.