Don’t attempt to adjust your
computer monitors, what you’re seeing is not a hoax. Yes, teen ultra-hearththrob Justin Bieber had indeed recruited the likes of 2 Chainz, Mac Miller and Asher Roth for a remix to his hit single, Boyfriend. The original’s production by Mike Posner and Mason “MdL” Levy, a snapping and booming bass beat made to herald Bieber’s move into adulthood, remains essentially unchanged, giving 2 Chainz a pretty familiar backdrop to drop more of his swag-drenched rhymes. Next up is Miller, who usually shies away from money talk but here doesn’t hesitate to promise his lady trips on private yachts, while Asher closes out the festivities with a typically off-kilter verse. That Bieber is working with rappers isn’t a surprise, but who saw this particular line-up coming? I’m sure DJBooth Nation will have plenty to say in the comments below, while those down to hear more hip-hop Bieberness can look forward to the likes of Drake, Nicki Minaj and Ludacris appearing on his upcoming album Believe, due out June 19.
Written by Nathan S. on 05/25/12
Submit your Rating
The Island/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Eenie Meenie" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.