As if competing with each other wasn’t enough, now it looks like rappers are going to have to compete with Justin Bieber for some space in the hip-hop game. The teen heart throb is clearly making a push into rap territory with his new album, putting together a posse cut for the Boyfriend (Remix), grabbing Ludacris for All Around the World and now making the G.O.O.D. Music connection by bringing in Big Sean for As Long As You Love Me. Mega-producer Darkchild supplies the beat on Love Me, walking the line between hip-hop and pop with a twisting, bouncing beat that morphs into a clapping, synth driven affair on the hook. On the mix Bieber is, well, consummate Bieber, laying down the kind of sweetly crooner, “girl, I don’t need anything in the world but you” vocals that should melt the hearts of teenage girls worldwide. For his part Sean does well to interweave some real lyricism and flow while still fitting the track’s straight pop flavor. At this rate I think we can expect for their to be a Bieber collab with hologram Tupac and Biggie on his upcoming album Believe, due out next Tuesday, June 19.
Written by Nathan S. on 06/11/12
Submit your Rating
The Island/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Eenie Meenie" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.