As if competing with each other wasn’t enough, now it looks like rappers are going to have to compete with Justin Bieber for some space in the hip-hop game. The teen heart throb is clearly making a push into rap territory with his new album, putting together a posse cut for the Boyfriend (Remix), grabbing Ludacris for All Around the World and now making the G.O.O.D. Music connection by bringing in Big Sean for As Long As You Love Me. Mega-producer Darkchild supplies the beat on Love Me, walking the line between hip-hop and pop with a twisting, bouncing beat that morphs into a clapping, synth driven affair on the hook. On the mix Bieber is, well, consummate Bieber, laying down the kind of sweetly crooner, “girl, I don’t need anything in the world but you” vocals that should melt the hearts of teenage girls worldwide. For his part Sean does well to interweave some real lyricism and flow while still fitting the track’s straight pop flavor. At this rate I think we can expect for their to be a Bieber collab with hologram Tupac and Biggie on his upcoming album Believe, due out next Tuesday, June 19.
The Island/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Eenie Meenie" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.