Fresh off his own debut reggae album’s arrival on store shelves, Calvin Broadus is helping another emerging Island-pop artist get a leg-up in the game. On Good Luv, the DJBooth debut and latest feature from Elevate Music‘s Justin Anthony, Grammy-winning beatsmith Winston “Blackout” Thomas provides a brass-laced instrumental backdrop for verses dedicated to a special woman in the artist’s life. Seeing as Anthony’s got singing covered, Snoop reverts to rapping, contributing some Doggy-style flows on the front as well as ad-libs throughout the jam. The headliner’s next album, produced entirely by Blackout, has yet to receive either a title or a solid drop date. Fans can, of course, stay tuned to The DJBooth for the latest on the forthcoming set.
Written by richard on 04/23/13
Submit your Rating
Elevate Music Group
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.