Just Juice may be a newcomer to our pages, but any friend of Statik Selektah is a friend of the Booth. Especially a friend of Statik who chooses to introduce himself with an exclusive world premiere. A joint promo cut dedicated to dreamers everywhere, For the People finds the Boston rhymesayer chronicling his hustle in fast-paced verses liberally laced with internal rhyme. To match his colleague’s exuberant performance on the mic, Selektah crafts a beat that practically drips with positive energy, layering vibrant soul samples over a leisurely break and tying it all together with some old-school cuts. Like what you’re hearing? You’ll be able to find For the People and much more on Juice’s street album of the same name, dropping digitally March 11.
Written by richard on 02/14/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.