Just Juice may be a newcomer to our pages, but any friend of Statik Selektah is a friend of the Booth. Especially a friend of Statik who chooses to introduce himself with an exclusive world premiere. A joint promo cut dedicated to dreamers everywhere, For the People finds the Boston rhymesayer chronicling his hustle in fast-paced verses liberally laced with internal rhyme. To match his colleague’s exuberant performance on the mic, Selektah crafts a beat that practically drips with positive energy, layering vibrant soul samples over a leisurely break and tying it all together with some old-school cuts. Like what you’re hearing? You’ll be able to find For the People and much more on Juice’s street album of the same name, dropping digitally March 11.
Written by richard on 02/14/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.