Today’s a good day in the Booth for records called “Higher” that, inexplicably, turn out not to be about weed. Whereas the title of 12th Letter‘s first feature was a reference to the T-Dot emcee’s lofty aspirations, the collaborative Booth debut from Just Blaze and Bauuer alludes to the fact that the record is best enjoyed at max volume. While I’m too considerate a neighbor to test that hypothesis out, I have no doubt that those who follow the advice of Jay-Z (as sampled from U Don’t Know) and “turn [the] music high,” will appreciate the heavyweight producers’ pummeling, dubstep-infused instrumental even more than yours truly. Those who really want the full effect, however, will want to catch the pair on their upcoming Big League Tour, kicking off its national run January 23. Click here to learn when they’ll be visiting a venue near you!
Written by richard on 01/18/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Gotta Believe It" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.