Today’s a good day in the Booth for records called “Higher” that, inexplicably, turn out not to be about weed. Whereas the title of 12th Letter‘s first feature was a reference to the T-Dot emcee’s lofty aspirations, the collaborative Booth debut from Just Blaze and Bauuer alludes to the fact that the record is best enjoyed at max volume. While I’m too considerate a neighbor to test that hypothesis out, I have no doubt that those who follow the advice of Jay-Z (as sampled from U Don’t Know) and “turn [the] music high,” will appreciate the heavyweight producers’ pummeling, dubstep-infused instrumental even more than yours truly. Those who really want the full effect, however, will want to catch the pair on their upcoming Big League Tour, kicking off its national run January 23. Click here to learn when they’ll be visiting a venue near you!
Written by richard on 01/18/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Gotta Believe It" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.