Very few people rep their home turf like Empire State residents. A prime example is Queens emcee Jus Daze and his pride for New York, or as some call it, New Yawk. Despite the crime, high rent, and poverty, NYC still turned out the hard, bar spitting emcee that Jus has become today. In his rhymes we visit the homes of a single moms, a jail yard on Riker’s Island, and several skate parks, which gives the audience a glance at the foundation over which his home was built. We are also treated to more than enough metaphors, about how New Yorkers grind it out in the Rotten Apple, that should hold everyone over for the next few years. So cross that off your to-do list, other rappers. Jus gets an assist from producer Stradivarius, whose beat is set to a leisurely walking tempo. The New Yawk rapper is fresh off his January re-release of Walk Twice as Hard, available for free download exclusively at the Booth.
Written by Bryan H on 05/2/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)