Very few people rep their home turf like Empire State residents. A prime example is Queens emcee Jus Daze and his pride for New York, or as some call it, New Yawk. Despite the crime, high rent, and poverty, NYC still turned out the hard, bar spitting emcee that Jus has become today. In his rhymes we visit the homes of a single moms, a jail yard on Riker’s Island, and several skate parks, which gives the audience a glance at the foundation over which his home was built. We are also treated to more than enough metaphors, about how New Yorkers grind it out in the Rotten Apple, that should hold everyone over for the next few years. So cross that off your to-do list, other rappers. Jus gets an assist from producer Stradivarius, whose beat is set to a leisurely walking tempo. The New Yawk rapper is fresh off his January re-release of Walk Twice as Hard, available for free download exclusively at the Booth.
Written by Bryan H on 05/2/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.