Very few people rep their home turf like Empire State residents. A prime example is Queens emcee Jus Daze and his pride for New York, or as some call it, New Yawk. Despite the crime, high rent, and poverty, NYC still turned out the hard, bar spitting emcee that Jus has become today. In his rhymes we visit the homes of a single moms, a jail yard on Riker’s Island, and several skate parks, which gives the audience a glance at the foundation over which his home was built. We are also treated to more than enough metaphors, about how New Yorkers grind it out in the Rotten Apple, that should hold everyone over for the next few years. So cross that off your to-do list, other rappers. Jus gets an assist from producer Stradivarius, whose beat is set to a leisurely walking tempo. The New Yawk rapper is fresh off his January re-release of Walk Twice as Hard, available for free download exclusively at the Booth.
Written by Bryan H on 05/2/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.