The internet has done amazing things for music (hey, it gave me a job!), but it is without a doubt the simpler days of hip-hop that I Miss…. Jus Daze knows what I’m talking about. On his new single, the Battle Rap Freestyle Champ shows his technique goes well beyond just battle rapping. His delivery is unique with a more casual, laid-back yet deep-voiced flow. Though his approach is nonchalant, he fires off some serous barbs, using those battle rap skills to pick apart the fake rappers running rampant today, while highlighting some of the good old fashioned hip-hop values from the Golden Age. His funky delivery is matched by the bare-bones, yet effective boom-bap boardwork of Brown Bag All-Star J57, who rounds things out nicely with an always encouraged, perfectly applicable Seinfeld sample. If you already miss Daze, be sure to check out his last project, January’s Walk Twice as Hard re-release.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/6/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.