The internet has done amazing things for music (hey, it gave me a job!), but it is without a doubt the simpler days of hip-hop that I Miss…. Jus Daze knows what I’m talking about. On his new single, the Battle Rap Freestyle Champ shows his technique goes well beyond just battle rapping. His delivery is unique with a more casual, laid-back yet deep-voiced flow. Though his approach is nonchalant, he fires off some serous barbs, using those battle rap skills to pick apart the fake rappers running rampant today, while highlighting some of the good old fashioned hip-hop values from the Golden Age. His funky delivery is matched by the bare-bones, yet effective boom-bap boardwork of Brown Bag All-Star J57, who rounds things out nicely with an always encouraged, perfectly applicable Seinfeld sample. If you already miss Daze, be sure to check out his last project, January’s Walk Twice as Hard re-release.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/6/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.