The internet has done amazing things for music (hey, it gave me a job!), but it is without a doubt the simpler days of hip-hop that I Miss…. Jus Daze knows what I’m talking about. On his new single, the Battle Rap Freestyle Champ shows his technique goes well beyond just battle rapping. His delivery is unique with a more casual, laid-back yet deep-voiced flow. Though his approach is nonchalant, he fires off some serous barbs, using those battle rap skills to pick apart the fake rappers running rampant today, while highlighting some of the good old fashioned hip-hop values from the Golden Age. His funky delivery is matched by the bare-bones, yet effective boom-bap boardwork of Brown Bag All-Star J57, who rounds things out nicely with an always encouraged, perfectly applicable Seinfeld sample. If you already miss Daze, be sure to check out his last project, January’s Walk Twice as Hard re-release.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/6/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.