The internet has done amazing things for music (hey, it gave me a job!), but it is without a doubt the simpler days of hip-hop that I Miss…. Jus Daze knows what I’m talking about. On his new single, the Battle Rap Freestyle Champ shows his technique goes well beyond just battle rapping. His delivery is unique with a more casual, laid-back yet deep-voiced flow. Though his approach is nonchalant, he fires off some serous barbs, using those battle rap skills to pick apart the fake rappers running rampant today, while highlighting some of the good old fashioned hip-hop values from the Golden Age. His funky delivery is matched by the bare-bones, yet effective boom-bap boardwork of Brown Bag All-Star J57, who rounds things out nicely with an always encouraged, perfectly applicable Seinfeld sample. If you already miss Daze, be sure to check out his last project, January’s Walk Twice as Hard re-release.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/6/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)