Having a relationship fall apart is invariably a drag, but there’s no better way of turning lemons into lemonade than by pouring your feelings into a dope song. On new promo single Broke Up, coming on the heels of May’s New Yawk, Jus Daze shows us how it’s done. Legenda flips a mournful sample from Bob James’s rendition of I Have a Song (In My Heart) as the Queens repper addresses bittersweet verses to an ex-girl. This poignant cut is just a loosie, but those feeling it are encouraged to check out Jus Daze’s recent street album, Walk Twice as Hard.
Written by richard on 06/18/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.