Having a relationship fall apart is invariably a drag, but there’s no better way of turning lemons into lemonade than by pouring your feelings into a dope song. On new promo single Broke Up, coming on the heels of May’s New Yawk, Jus Daze shows us how it’s done. Legenda flips a mournful sample from Bob James’s rendition of I Have a Song (In My Heart) as the Queens repper addresses bittersweet verses to an ex-girl. This poignant cut is just a loosie, but those feeling it are encouraged to check out Jus Daze’s recent street album, Walk Twice as Hard.
Written by richard on 06/18/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.