Having a relationship fall apart is invariably a drag, but there’s no better way of turning lemons into lemonade than by pouring your feelings into a dope song. On new promo single Broke Up, coming on the heels of May’s New Yawk, Jus Daze shows us how it’s done. Legenda flips a mournful sample from Bob James’s rendition of I Have a Song (In My Heart) as the Queens repper addresses bittersweet verses to an ex-girl. This poignant cut is just a loosie, but those feeling it are encouraged to check out Jus Daze’s recent street album, Walk Twice as Hard.
Written by richard on 06/18/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.