Having a relationship fall apart is invariably a drag, but there’s no better way of turning lemons into lemonade than by pouring your feelings into a dope song. On new promo single Broke Up, coming on the heels of May’s New Yawk, Jus Daze shows us how it’s done. Legenda flips a mournful sample from Bob James’s rendition of I Have a Song (In My Heart) as the Queens repper addresses bittersweet verses to an ex-girl. This poignant cut is just a loosie, but those feeling it are encouraged to check out Jus Daze’s recent street album, Walk Twice as Hard.
Written by richard on 06/18/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.