Featured in early August, Smash Brovaz’ most recent single found T-Dot rhymesayers Crooklin and Junia-T longing to Be Free from romantic attachment in order to better follow their muse. As it turns out, though, the latter emcee wasn’t entirely opposed to commitment—he just had to find that perfect girl. On You & I, the artist’s solo Booth debut and the latest song release off his next album, the artist pours out his heart to the woman who keeps him going, telling her, “You are all I need to get by.” In addition to producing the piano-loop beat that backs Junia’s lovestruck verses, The Cure singer Slakah the Beatchild steps out from behind the boards to lend his smooth vocals to the record’s chorus. Feeling it? Then keep it locked for information on the artist’s currently untitled, unscheduled solo set, as well as all the latest song releases.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Junia-T’s Philip Sportel-directed You & I visual.
Written by richard on 09/18/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.