You may feel like an old soul living in the new school, but that doesn’t mean you can’t rock with the best of them like Junia-T. As one half of Smash Brovaz, the Toronto emcee and producer proves that during a “water kind of day, rum kind of night.,” he can still keep it Too Smoove. Instead of just knocking them down, Junia kicks some knowledge for new emcees, while looking and acting the part of a mentor in the Rap game in shoes sponsored by Shaolin, not Nike. Junia-T’s wordplay is only matched by the soulful, layered production he lays down. Almost as confusing as the title of the new X-Men movie, the North of the Border wizard meshes a vintage sound with a futuristic, spacey vibe. But it works so… smoovely. Today’s scratches were brought to you by DJ Docta.
Update: We have added the Chris Ak-directed visuals for Junia-T’s Too Smoove single.
Written by Bryan H on 05/14/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You & I" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.