You may feel like an old soul living in the new school, but that doesn’t mean you can’t rock with the best of them like Junia-T. As one half of Smash Brovaz, the Toronto emcee and producer proves that during a “water kind of day, rum kind of night.,” he can still keep it Too Smoove. Instead of just knocking them down, Junia kicks some knowledge for new emcees, while looking and acting the part of a mentor in the Rap game in shoes sponsored by Shaolin, not Nike. Junia-T’s wordplay is only matched by the soulful, layered production he lays down. Almost as confusing as the title of the new X-Men movie, the North of the Border wizard meshes a vintage sound with a futuristic, spacey vibe. But it works so… smoovely. Today’s scratches were brought to you by DJ Docta.
Update: We have added the Chris Ak-directed visuals for Junia-T’s Too Smoove single.
Written by Bryan H on 05/14/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You & I" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.