You may feel like an old soul living in the new school, but that doesn’t mean you can’t rock with the best of them like Junia-T. As one half of Smash Brovaz, the Toronto emcee and producer proves that during a “water kind of day, rum kind of night.,” he can still keep it Too Smoove. Instead of just knocking them down, Junia kicks some knowledge for new emcees, while looking and acting the part of a mentor in the Rap game in shoes sponsored by Shaolin, not Nike. Junia-T’s wordplay is only matched by the soulful, layered production he lays down. Almost as confusing as the title of the new X-Men movie, the North of the Border wizard meshes a vintage sound with a futuristic, spacey vibe. But it works so… smoovely. Today’s scratches were brought to you by DJ Docta.
Update: We have added the Chris Ak-directed visuals for Junia-T’s Too Smoove single.
Written by Bryan H on 05/14/14
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)