As winter continues its oppressive march (ok, not here in L.A., but everywhere else), it’s good to know that there are warmer times to look forward to. Here to bring us all a little heat is the aptly named June Summers, a New York based crooner who’s making his DJBooth.net main feature debut with the premiere of his catchy as hell new track I’m Gone. Behind the boards, producer Stacks puts together a head-nodding, hand-clapping beat that captures your attention without resorting to gimmicks, and Summers responds with some perfectly on pace vocals, dropping female-related lines with the ease and expertise of a young Usher, if young Usher was more up-tempo dance inclined. If you can’t tell I’m really digging this track, and I imagine the Booth will be as well. For more heartwarming love be sure to check out Summer’s upcoming album The First Day of Summer, set to hit stores and online in June of 2010 (hey, he couldn’t drop the album in the winter, now could he?).
Written by Nathan S. on 11/5/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All Money In ft. June Summers" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.