As winter continues its oppressive march (ok, not here in L.A., but everywhere else), it’s good to know that there are warmer times to look forward to. Here to bring us all a little heat is the aptly named June Summers, a New York based crooner who’s making his DJBooth.net main feature debut with the premiere of his catchy as hell new track I’m Gone. Behind the boards, producer Stacks puts together a head-nodding, hand-clapping beat that captures your attention without resorting to gimmicks, and Summers responds with some perfectly on pace vocals, dropping female-related lines with the ease and expertise of a young Usher, if young Usher was more up-tempo dance inclined. If you can’t tell I’m really digging this track, and I imagine the Booth will be as well. For more heartwarming love be sure to check out Summer’s upcoming album The First Day of Summer, set to hit stores and online in June of 2010 (hey, he couldn’t drop the album in the winter, now could he?).
Written by Nathan S. on 11/5/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All Money In ft. June Summers" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)