As winter continues its oppressive march (ok, not here in L.A., but everywhere else), it’s good to know that there are warmer times to look forward to. Here to bring us all a little heat is the aptly named June Summers, a New York based crooner who’s making his DJBooth.net main feature debut with the premiere of his catchy as hell new track I’m Gone. Behind the boards, producer Stacks puts together a head-nodding, hand-clapping beat that captures your attention without resorting to gimmicks, and Summers responds with some perfectly on pace vocals, dropping female-related lines with the ease and expertise of a young Usher, if young Usher was more up-tempo dance inclined. If you can’t tell I’m really digging this track, and I imagine the Booth will be as well. For more heartwarming love be sure to check out Summer’s upcoming album The First Day of Summer, set to hit stores and online in June of 2010 (hey, he couldn’t drop the album in the winter, now could he?).
Written by Nathan S. on 11/5/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All Money In ft. June Summers" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.