As winter continues its oppressive march (ok, not here in L.A., but everywhere else), it’s good to know that there are warmer times to look forward to. Here to bring us all a little heat is the aptly named June Summers, a New York based crooner who’s making his DJBooth.net main feature debut with the premiere of his catchy as hell new track I’m Gone. Behind the boards, producer Stacks puts together a head-nodding, hand-clapping beat that captures your attention without resorting to gimmicks, and Summers responds with some perfectly on pace vocals, dropping female-related lines with the ease and expertise of a young Usher, if young Usher was more up-tempo dance inclined. If you can’t tell I’m really digging this track, and I imagine the Booth will be as well. For more heartwarming love be sure to check out Summer’s upcoming album The First Day of Summer, set to hit stores and online in June of 2010 (hey, he couldn’t drop the album in the winter, now could he?).
Written by Nathan S. on 11/5/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All Money In ft. June Summers" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.