I recently returned from a trip to Memphis where I got my “music nerd” on. Between all the live music, Sun Records, the Soul Museum, Drake (sort of) and Three 6 Mafia, something became clear during my brief stay: the Home of the Blues is now loaded with important and talented artists from every genre. Included on this burgeoning list is JUNE, a versatile artist who is looking to take the River City’s reigns thanks to a style that differs greatly from the Memphis norm. While Rock and Soul are Memphis staples, on Living Color JUNE blends a little Electronic with R&B and Hip-Hop. Teddy Walton‘s shrouded, sample-driven beat fuses the genres and JUNE’s smooth, leaning style gives the fun, breezy song it’s hip-hop flavor. Living Color can be found on his sophomore mixtape of the same name, out later this month; also be sure to check out his last Booth spot, the K.R.I.T.-assisted Big Pimpin.
Written by Lucas G. on 05/8/14
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.