I recently returned from a trip to Memphis where I got my “music nerd” on. Between all the live music, Sun Records, the Soul Museum, Drake (sort of) and Three 6 Mafia, something became clear during my brief stay: the Home of the Blues is now loaded with important and talented artists from every genre. Included on this burgeoning list is JUNE, a versatile artist who is looking to take the River City’s reigns thanks to a style that differs greatly from the Memphis norm. While Rock and Soul are Memphis staples, on Living Color JUNE blends a little Electronic with R&B and Hip-Hop. Teddy Walton‘s shrouded, sample-driven beat fuses the genres and JUNE’s smooth, leaning style gives the fun, breezy song it’s hip-hop flavor. Living Color can be found on his sophomore mixtape of the same name, out later this month; also be sure to check out his last Booth spot, the K.R.I.T.-assisted Big Pimpin.
Written by Lucas G. on 05/8/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- DJ Drama ft. Young Jeezy, Young Thug & Rich Homie Quan - Right Back
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.