Whether you’re chillaxin’ at your local hip-hop open mic or you’ve found yourself serving as a spectator during an impromptu street cypher, there’s always that one dude who feels the needs to loudly proclaim, “Tell em how you feel son!” Well, Queens native June Haze is that one dude on his DJBooth solo debut, How I Feel, and if the name sounds familiar it’s likely because you heard the spitter on The Audible Doctor‘s 2011 cut Church Night (Remix). Haze describes himself as an emcee who’s keen on “clever word play, lyricism and concept driven material” and he visits each of these rap sectors on How I Feel. The DJBooth newcomer’s lyrical candor is led by the song’s sample-driven and slightly nostalgic production, which comes courtesy of underground beatsmith Frantik. Newfound fans of the Dirty Apple emcee can look forward to a satisfying helping of new tunes from the rapper when his The Gemini Project 2 mixtape is released next year.
Written by Danielle H. on 10/5/12
Submit your Rating
Brain Candy Music & Films, Inc
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Church Night (Remix)" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.