Whether you’re chillaxin’ at your local hip-hop open mic or you’ve found yourself serving as a spectator during an impromptu street cypher, there’s always that one dude who feels the needs to loudly proclaim, “Tell em how you feel son!” Well, Queens native June Haze is that one dude on his DJBooth solo debut, How I Feel, and if the name sounds familiar it’s likely because you heard the spitter on The Audible Doctor‘s 2011 cut Church Night (Remix). Haze describes himself as an emcee who’s keen on “clever word play, lyricism and concept driven material” and he visits each of these rap sectors on How I Feel. The DJBooth newcomer’s lyrical candor is led by the song’s sample-driven and slightly nostalgic production, which comes courtesy of underground beatsmith Frantik. Newfound fans of the Dirty Apple emcee can look forward to a satisfying helping of new tunes from the rapper when his The Gemini Project 2 mixtape is released next year.
Written by Danielle H. on 10/5/12
Submit your Rating
Brain Candy Music & Films, Inc
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Church Night (Remix)" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.