Whether you’re chillaxin’ at your local hip-hop open mic or you’ve found yourself serving as a spectator during an impromptu street cypher, there’s always that one dude who feels the needs to loudly proclaim, “Tell em how you feel son!” Well, Queens native June Haze is that one dude on his DJBooth solo debut, How I Feel, and if the name sounds familiar it’s likely because you heard the spitter on The Audible Doctor‘s 2011 cut Church Night (Remix). Haze describes himself as an emcee who’s keen on “clever word play, lyricism and concept driven material” and he visits each of these rap sectors on How I Feel. The DJBooth newcomer’s lyrical candor is led by the song’s sample-driven and slightly nostalgic production, which comes courtesy of underground beatsmith Frantik. Newfound fans of the Dirty Apple emcee can look forward to a satisfying helping of new tunes from the rapper when his The Gemini Project 2 mixtape is released next year.
Brain Candy Music & Films, Inc
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Church Night (Remix)" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.