Memphis buzzmaker JUNE may spend most of his time hovering among the clouds, but he got there by clawing and scaping his way up from the very bottom. On album standout Gutta, follow-up to May’s Living Color, the artist once again joins forces with his brother, Teddy Walton. Over the latter’s production, an understated, yet immersive mix of laid-back percussion, vocal samples and swirling synths, the unsigned emcee reflects with satisfaction on his latest wins, and cautions the competition to stay in their place. Craving more? Then what are you waiting for? Click here to cop JUNE’s latest project, Living Color (Chapter 1), for free via the artist’s official site!
Written by richard on 07/31/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.