Memphis buzzmaker JUNE may spend most of his time hovering among the clouds, but he got there by clawing and scaping his way up from the very bottom. On album standout Gutta, follow-up to May’s Living Color, the artist once again joins forces with his brother, Teddy Walton. Over the latter’s production, an understated, yet immersive mix of laid-back percussion, vocal samples and swirling synths, the unsigned emcee reflects with satisfaction on his latest wins, and cautions the competition to stay in their place. Craving more? Then what are you waiting for? Click here to cop JUNE’s latest project, Living Color (Chapter 1), for free via the artist’s official site!
Written by richard on 07/31/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.