Memphis buzzmaker JUNE may spend most of his time hovering among the clouds, but he got there by clawing and scaping his way up from the very bottom. On album standout Gutta, follow-up to May’s Living Color, the artist once again joins forces with his brother, Teddy Walton. Over the latter’s production, an understated, yet immersive mix of laid-back percussion, vocal samples and swirling synths, the unsigned emcee reflects with satisfaction on his latest wins, and cautions the competition to stay in their place. Craving more? Then what are you waiting for? Click here to cop JUNE’s latest project, Living Color (Chapter 1), for free via the artist’s official site!
Written by richard on 07/31/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.