Memphis buzzmaker JUNE may spend most of his time hovering among the clouds, but he got there by clawing and scaping his way up from the very bottom. On album standout Gutta, follow-up to May’s Living Color, the artist once again joins forces with his brother, Teddy Walton. Over the latter’s production, an understated, yet immersive mix of laid-back percussion, vocal samples and swirling synths, the unsigned emcee reflects with satisfaction on his latest wins, and cautions the competition to stay in their place. Craving more? Then what are you waiting for? Click here to cop JUNE’s latest project, Living Color (Chapter 1), for free via the artist’s official site!
Written by richard on 07/31/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.