Growing up in the Gutta of Memphis, its safe to say June was not born with a silver spoon in his mouth. While he might not have been wealthy in the financial sense, he was rich in family, and had a close relationship with his brother Teddy Walton (the producer of this record) and their grandmother. Unfortunately, June and Teddy’s grandmother recently passed away, leaving the grandsons to reflect on where they came from on this heartfelt, passionate promo single. Over Teddy’s poignant sample work, June turns in an emotionally-charged, yet gritty performance on the mic. You can hear the passion and pain in his voice, yet he remains as commanding and assertive as ever. No word on anything larger from June, but as always, you can keep it locked for the latest.
Written by Lucas G. on 05/29/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.