Growing up in the Gutta of Memphis, its safe to say June was not born with a silver spoon in his mouth. While he might not have been wealthy in the financial sense, he was rich in family, and had a close relationship with his brother Teddy Walton (the producer of this record) and their grandmother. Unfortunately, June and Teddy’s grandmother recently passed away, leaving the grandsons to reflect on where they came from on this heartfelt, passionate promo single. Over Teddy’s poignant sample work, June turns in an emotionally-charged, yet gritty performance on the mic. You can hear the passion and pain in his voice, yet he remains as commanding and assertive as ever. No word on anything larger from June, but as always, you can keep it locked for the latest.
Written by Lucas G. on 05/29/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)