Growing up in the Gutta of Memphis, its safe to say June was not born with a silver spoon in his mouth. While he might not have been wealthy in the financial sense, he was rich in family, and had a close relationship with his brother Teddy Walton (the producer of this record) and their grandmother. Unfortunately, June and Teddy’s grandmother recently passed away, leaving the grandsons to reflect on where they came from on this heartfelt, passionate promo single. Over Teddy’s poignant sample work, June turns in an emotionally-charged, yet gritty performance on the mic. You can hear the passion and pain in his voice, yet he remains as commanding and assertive as ever. No word on anything larger from June, but as always, you can keep it locked for the latest.
Written by Lucas G. on 05/29/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.