Growing up in the Gutta of Memphis, its safe to say June was not born with a silver spoon in his mouth. While he might not have been wealthy in the financial sense, he was rich in family, and had a close relationship with his brother Teddy Walton (the producer of this record) and their grandmother. Unfortunately, June and Teddy’s grandmother recently passed away, leaving the grandsons to reflect on where they came from on this heartfelt, passionate promo single. Over Teddy’s poignant sample work, June turns in an emotionally-charged, yet gritty performance on the mic. You can hear the passion and pain in his voice, yet he remains as commanding and assertive as ever. No word on anything larger from June, but as always, you can keep it locked for the latest.
Written by Lucas G. on 05/29/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)