Growing up in the Gutta of Memphis, its safe to say June was not born with a silver spoon in his mouth. While he might not have been wealthy in the financial sense, he was rich in family, and had a close relationship with his brother Teddy Walton (the producer of this record) and their grandmother. Unfortunately, June and Teddy’s grandmother recently passed away, leaving the grandsons to reflect on where they came from on this heartfelt, passionate promo single. Over Teddy’s poignant sample work, June turns in an emotionally-charged, yet gritty performance on the mic. You can hear the passion and pain in his voice, yet he remains as commanding and assertive as ever. No word on anything larger from June, but as always, you can keep it locked for the latest.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- King Mez - Long Live the King
- Freeway x Girl Talk - Broken Ankles EP
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.