Gotham was the birthplace of hip-hop and, though other cities have risen to positions of power in the years since, it’s always been a key presence in the game. On NY Won’t Stop, his latest single and first solo Booth feature (we previously heard him lend his flow to Wordsmith‘s Ladder to Success), junclassic raises a glass to New York’s illustrious musical past and bright future. DJ Bazooka Joe mans the mixing boards, backing the Dynamix alum’s gritty, yet affectionate lyrical tribute to the five boroughs with a dusty, head-noddable boom-bap groove. 2 Kool Tony assists behind the wheels of steel. junclassic’s BLVD Backdrop LP is scheduled to hit record stores and online retailers via HiPNOTT Records Tuesday, June 25, at which time the project will also be available for free streaming and digital purchase in The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 06/6/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Ladder of Success" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.