Gotham was the birthplace of hip-hop and, though other cities have risen to positions of power in the years since, it’s always been a key presence in the game. On NY Won’t Stop, his latest single and first solo Booth feature (we previously heard him lend his flow to Wordsmith‘s Ladder to Success), junclassic raises a glass to New York’s illustrious musical past and bright future. DJ Bazooka Joe mans the mixing boards, backing the Dynamix alum’s gritty, yet affectionate lyrical tribute to the five boroughs with a dusty, head-noddable boom-bap groove. 2 Kool Tony assists behind the wheels of steel. junclassic’s BLVD Backdrop LP is scheduled to hit record stores and online retailers via HiPNOTT Records Tuesday, June 25, at which time the project will also be available for free streaming and digital purchase in The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 06/6/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Ladder of Success" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.