Gotham was the birthplace of hip-hop and, though other cities have risen to positions of power in the years since, it’s always been a key presence in the game. On NY Won’t Stop, his latest single and first solo Booth feature (we previously heard him lend his flow to Wordsmith‘s Ladder to Success), junclassic raises a glass to New York’s illustrious musical past and bright future. DJ Bazooka Joe mans the mixing boards, backing the Dynamix alum’s gritty, yet affectionate lyrical tribute to the five boroughs with a dusty, head-noddable boom-bap groove. 2 Kool Tony assists behind the wheels of steel. junclassic’s BLVD Backdrop LP is scheduled to hit record stores and online retailers via HiPNOTT Records Tuesday, June 25, at which time the project will also be available for free streaming and digital purchase in The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 06/6/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Ladder of Success" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)