Gotham was the birthplace of hip-hop and, though other cities have risen to positions of power in the years since, it’s always been a key presence in the game. On NY Won’t Stop, his latest single and first solo Booth feature (we previously heard him lend his flow to Wordsmith‘s Ladder to Success), junclassic raises a glass to New York’s illustrious musical past and bright future. DJ Bazooka Joe mans the mixing boards, backing the Dynamix alum’s gritty, yet affectionate lyrical tribute to the five boroughs with a dusty, head-noddable boom-bap groove. 2 Kool Tony assists behind the wheels of steel. junclassic’s BLVD Backdrop LP is scheduled to hit record stores and online retailers via HiPNOTT Records Tuesday, June 25, at which time the project will also be available for free streaming and digital purchase in The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 06/6/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Ladder of Success" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.