You know that one group of drinkers at every club/bar who are having ten times as much fun as the rest of the room combined, and seem hell-bent on making sure everyone knows it? If you don’t, you and your homies probably are that group—and this, my friends, is your song. Making its world premiere right here on our front page, the inaugural leak off Booth newcomer’s Julian Stephens is a raucous ode to excessive alcohol consumption and the Ignorant behavior to which it gives rise. With Team Green‘s rolling breakbeat, synths and electric guitar/bass-riffage as his backdrop, the Queens representative offers listeners a little insight into his mindstate; though he’s as determined to get his buzz up as the next rap hopeful (“Me and my n*ggas politickin’ bout my record sales / My mission and vision, it makes my story next to tell…”), he and his crew are never too busy for a stiff drink, a fly honey or a jumping house party. Has this fun-loving, mic-murdering up-and-comer’s first feature left you thirsty for another round? Then keep it locked for further leaks leading up to the 12/12 arrival of Stephens’ Booth-sponsored mixtape, The University of Julian 2.
Written by richard on 11/27/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Silly Faces" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.