After waving his American Flag high on his last solo Booth feature, Queens emcee Julian Stephen returns to our pages with his latest song release Excuses (Bounce). The rapper sticks to his usual formula on the record, touching on the various women in his presence. Stephen is able to effortlessly flaunt his witty lyrical candor on Excuses (Bounce) as he boasts, “Got a girl named Monet, got a girl named Lisa / Bring them both together what that make? Mona Lisa.” Producer KE On The Track adds a little bounce to the record thanks to his combination of intimidating bass and spacey synths. Although Stephen’s AwkwardMoments project is set for a September 12 release, as of now Excuses (Bounce) will not be featured on the project.
Written by Danielle H. on 08/6/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.