After waving his American Flag high on his last solo Booth feature, Queens emcee Julian Stephen returns to our pages with his latest song release Excuses (Bounce). The rapper sticks to his usual formula on the record, touching on the various women in his presence. Stephen is able to effortlessly flaunt his witty lyrical candor on Excuses (Bounce) as he boasts, “Got a girl named Monet, got a girl named Lisa / Bring them both together what that make? Mona Lisa.” Producer KE On The Track adds a little bounce to the record thanks to his combination of intimidating bass and spacey synths. Although Stephen’s AwkwardMoments project is set for a September 12 release, as of now Excuses (Bounce) will not be featured on the project.
Written by Danielle H. on 08/6/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)