Julian Malone may not Give a Eff about much in this world, but the 2008ighties emcee would be lying if he said he wasn’t enjoying the trappings of success. Tokyo, the latest single off Malone’s forthcoming street album, finds the Chi-town spitter tracing his growth from a callow youngster with dreams of hip-hop stardom to a budding contender for greatness—not to mention a certified ladies’ man. As usual, the artist handles production as well as mic duties, crafting a hazy, sampled beat to back his self-assured bars. On the bridge, he flips the famous title line from Big Poppa. The official mixtape prelude to Julian Malone’s forthcoming debut, Diff.Rnt is slated to drop digitally this July.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.