Julian Malone may not Give a Eff about much in this world, but the 2008ighties emcee would be lying if he said he wasn’t enjoying the trappings of success. Tokyo, the latest single off Malone’s forthcoming street album, finds the Chi-town spitter tracing his growth from a callow youngster with dreams of hip-hop stardom to a budding contender for greatness—not to mention a certified ladies’ man. As usual, the artist handles production as well as mic duties, crafting a hazy, sampled beat to back his self-assured bars. On the bridge, he flips the famous title line from Big Poppa. The official mixtape prelude to Julian Malone’s forthcoming debut, Diff.Rnt is slated to drop digitally this July.
Written by richard on 05/17/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Childish Gambino - STN MTN
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 4 EP
- One Song to Prove Big Sean is a Dope Rapper (Really)
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.