Julian Malone may not Give a Eff about much in this world, but the 2008ighties emcee would be lying if he said he wasn’t enjoying the trappings of success. Tokyo, the latest single off Malone’s forthcoming street album, finds the Chi-town spitter tracing his growth from a callow youngster with dreams of hip-hop stardom to a budding contender for greatness—not to mention a certified ladies’ man. As usual, the artist handles production as well as mic duties, crafting a hazy, sampled beat to back his self-assured bars. On the bridge, he flips the famous title line from Big Poppa. The official mixtape prelude to Julian Malone’s forthcoming debut, Diff.Rnt is slated to drop digitally this July.
Written by richard on 05/17/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)