Can you honestly claim not to Give a Eff, when you give enough of an eff not to spell out the word “f*ck?” (I realize the irony of what I did there, but I had to make it past the profanity filter.) Though interesting, the question is ultimately an academic one. After listening to Julian Malone‘s debut solo feature I can state with confidence that, while plenty of ‘f*ck‘s are said, not a solitary one is given over the course of the record’s running time. Previously featured as a member of Calez and Fonz-E-Mak, the Stone’s Throw signee officially comes into his own with this newly-released mixtape cut, which sees him outlining his cynical worldview over his own low-key, headphone-ready loops. Feeling it? Then stay tuned for more fresh material leading up to the currently-unscheduled arrival of Malone’s forthcoming street album, Diffe.rnt.
Written by richard on 01/16/13
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- ScHoolboy Q ft. Nas & BJ The Chicago Kid - Studio (Remix)
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- “Google Me Bitch”: A Lyrical Album Review of Rittz’ “Next to Nothing”
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.