Can you honestly claim not to Give a Eff, when you give enough of an eff not to spell out the word “f*ck?” (I realize the irony of what I did there, but I had to make it past the profanity filter.) Though interesting, the question is ultimately an academic one. After listening to Julian Malone‘s debut solo feature I can state with confidence that, while plenty of ‘f*ck‘s are said, not a solitary one is given over the course of the record’s running time. Previously featured as a member of Calez and Fonz-E-Mak, the Stone’s Throw signee officially comes into his own with this newly-released mixtape cut, which sees him outlining his cynical worldview over his own low-key, headphone-ready loops. Feeling it? Then stay tuned for more fresh material leading up to the currently-unscheduled arrival of Malone’s forthcoming street album, Diffe.rnt.
Written by richard on 01/16/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.