Can you honestly claim not to Give a Eff, when you give enough of an eff not to spell out the word “f*ck?” (I realize the irony of what I did there, but I had to make it past the profanity filter.) Though interesting, the question is ultimately an academic one. After listening to Julian Malone‘s debut solo feature I can state with confidence that, while plenty of ‘f*ck‘s are said, not a solitary one is given over the course of the record’s running time. Previously featured as a member of Calez and Fonz-E-Mak, the Stone’s Throw signee officially comes into his own with this newly-released mixtape cut, which sees him outlining his cynical worldview over his own low-key, headphone-ready loops. Feeling it? Then stay tuned for more fresh material leading up to the currently-unscheduled arrival of Malone’s forthcoming street album, Diffe.rnt.
Written by richard on 01/16/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “Chicago vs. Everybody?”
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.