Like many creative individuals, Ju’ Malone spends a lot of time with his head in the Clouds. And I don’t mean that he’s a daydreamer—though that may be true as well. The introductory track off the Chi-Town rapper/producer’s next street album was clearly created amid a thick haze of blunt smoke. Built around a string-laced sample reminiscent of a classic Bing Crosby ballad, the self-produced instrumental drifts along languidly, like a wisp of cirrus traversing the afternoon sky. The BRKF$T CLUB member pairs his idyllic beat with bars that clearly communicate his determination to succeed, despite the many obstacles in his path: “I honestly still done seen more dark than a lot of these silly-ass n**gas. / But the struggling just made me hungrier…” For this mellow track and much more, check out the artist’s DIFFRNT mixtape when it hits the net for download on Saturday, March 1.
Written by richard on 02/3/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.