Some songs contain subliminal messages, like, Lady Gaga’s Poker Face. Others are more direct but still shaded in their meaning, like KiD CuDi’s Poker Face remake, Make Her Say. And then there are some that are just blatant, like today’s feature, Hit It From the Back (Remix). No hidden messages here, as the normally banging Lex Luger provides a minimalistic beat with dull drums for Wale, Diamond and Juicy J to do business upon. Wale continues his Southern rap binge/renaissance (see No Hands) and dives into the song with an introductory monologue and an all-sex first verse. Diamond, the still working member of the defunct Crime Mob, lays down a second verse reminiscent of Gangsta Boo’s days with the Three 6 Mafia (she even mentions Where Dem Dollas At). The head honcho, Juicy J, then closes things off with some rhymes about…um…hitting it from the back. Yep, sometimes a song title is all you need. While the remix isn’t on it, those craving the original should cop Juicy’s Rubba Band Business mixtape, which dropped on December 28.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 01/9/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"This Ain't ft. MJG, Project Pat, Yung D, Devius & Juicy J" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.