Some songs contain subliminal messages, like, Lady Gaga’s Poker Face. Others are more direct but still shaded in their meaning, like KiD CuDi’s Poker Face remake, Make Her Say. And then there are some that are just blatant, like today’s feature, Hit It From the Back (Remix). No hidden messages here, as the normally banging Lex Luger provides a minimalistic beat with dull drums for Wale, Diamond and Juicy J to do business upon. Wale continues his Southern rap binge/renaissance (see No Hands) and dives into the song with an introductory monologue and an all-sex first verse. Diamond, the still working member of the defunct Crime Mob, lays down a second verse reminiscent of Gangsta Boo’s days with the Three 6 Mafia (she even mentions Where Dem Dollas At). The head honcho, Juicy J, then closes things off with some rhymes about…um…hitting it from the back. Yep, sometimes a song title is all you need. While the remix isn’t on it, those craving the original should cop Juicy’s Rubba Band Business mixtape, which dropped on December 28.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 01/9/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"This Ain't ft. MJG, Project Pat, Yung D, Devius & Juicy J" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.