Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
“Clap that ass, light a blunt, baby let’s get ig’nant.” I don’t know if it’s possible to sum a rapper’s work up in a single sentence, but Juicy J comes damn close in the opening verse of his latest single. Released to tide fans over as they wait for further news on the Three 6 co-founder’s currently-unscheduled solo debut, this newly-released cut features Juicy flowing about his favorite topics—strippers, c-notes and Mary Jane—over Dr. Luke‘s scintillating synth arpeggios and sizzling trap hi-hats. As usual, the Memphis native comes flanked by high-profile guests: Wale delivers a debaucherous middle 16, and Trey Songz joins the headliner on the record’s hook. Pushed back from its original July 2, drop date, Stay Trippy has yet to be rescheduled. As always, we’ll keep you posted.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Juicy J’s Benny Boom-directed Bounce It visual.
Written by richard on 07/19/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"This Ain't ft. MJG, Project Pat, Yung D, Devius & Juicy J" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.