Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
“Clap that ass, light a blunt, baby let’s get ig’nant.” I don’t know if it’s possible to sum a rapper’s work up in a single sentence, but Juicy J comes damn close in the opening verse of his latest single. Released to tide fans over as they wait for further news on the Three 6 co-founder’s currently-unscheduled solo debut, this newly-released cut features Juicy flowing about his favorite topics—strippers, c-notes and Mary Jane—over Dr. Luke‘s scintillating synth arpeggios and sizzling trap hi-hats. As usual, the Memphis native comes flanked by high-profile guests: Wale delivers a debaucherous middle 16, and Trey Songz joins the headliner on the record’s hook. Pushed back from its original July 2, drop date, Stay Trippy has yet to be rescheduled. As always, we’ll keep you posted.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Juicy J’s Benny Boom-directed Bounce It visual.
Written by richard on 07/19/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"This Ain't ft. MJG, Project Pat, Yung D, Devius & Juicy J" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.