Juice is out to put Phoenix on the map. The 25-year-old believes wholeheartedly that he is the next big thing, and he isn’t going to let anyone tell him otherwise. His new song, My Time (What If), is full of confident boasts and self-made comparisons to the legends. Being the next Nas isn’t good enough for him; he needs to be the next Dre too. Featuring a hyped-up delivery and a deliberate flow, the recent Black Wall Street signee is probably his own biggest fan. While some musicians might cringe at his immodesty, bigheadedness is a fundamental qualification for any successful rapper. Phireworx Entertainment lends a thunderous, pitch-shifting beat, with earsplitting gunshots and MySpace call-outs completing the whole picture. My Time will appear on the street album Position of Power, set to be released later this summer.
Written by Charlie E. on 06/22/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Put Cha Hands Up" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.