As he made clear in his February interview with DJ Z, Phoenix emcee Juice is taking full advantage of his hometown’s Position of Power on the US sports scene. Signed to Phoenix Sun Amar’e Stoudemire’s Hypocalypto Entertainment on the strength of his debut mixtape (which dropped just after the Arizona Cardinals went to Super Bowl XLIII and the U.S. Airways Center hosted the NBA All-Star Game), the rapper is currently preparing for the release of his first studio album, The Anticipated. Though there are many who would seek to knock Juice off his major-league hustle, their scheming will always be in vain—try as they might, they just “Can’t Crush My Cool.” Featuring a textbook “Southern rap tune” verse by Salute collaborator Bun B and a relaxed beat by Drumma Boy, this new single is already getting heavy rotation in the streets of Phoenix, and prospects are looking strong for a release in Atlanta. The Anticipated is set to drop late this fall—which, coincidentally, is around the time the Diamondbacks might be looking for theme music for a potential playoff push.
Written by Burmy on 05/31/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Put Cha Hands Up" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.