As he made clear in his February interview with DJ Z, Phoenix emcee Juice is taking full advantage of his hometown’s Position of Power on the US sports scene. Signed to Phoenix Sun Amar’e Stoudemire’s Hypocalypto Entertainment on the strength of his debut mixtape (which dropped just after the Arizona Cardinals went to Super Bowl XLIII and the U.S. Airways Center hosted the NBA All-Star Game), the rapper is currently preparing for the release of his first studio album, The Anticipated. Though there are many who would seek to knock Juice off his major-league hustle, their scheming will always be in vain—try as they might, they just “Can’t Crush My Cool.” Featuring a textbook “Southern rap tune” verse by Salute collaborator Bun B and a relaxed beat by Drumma Boy, this new single is already getting heavy rotation in the streets of Phoenix, and prospects are looking strong for a release in Atlanta. The Anticipated is set to drop late this fall—which, coincidentally, is around the time the Diamondbacks might be looking for theme music for a potential playoff push.
Written by Burmy on 05/31/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Put Cha Hands Up" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.