You wouldn’t be able to tell if you’re in the upper Midwest, but summer is definitely here. To me, the season is all about kicking back and taking it easy; there’s nothing quite like sitting on your porch with a guitar, lazily strumming away as the kids play in the neighbor’s yard. That, or driving around with some good warm-weather music banging out of my car speakers. The latest street single from Juice, Classic, fits the ‘summer jam’ archetype to a tee. This single, which is being promoted alongside Can’t Crush My Cool, has a lot to offer those who dug the previously-featured cut—Classic‘s beat rides a similar tempo, but Alex Da Kid serves up a selection of sampled guitars and horns that’s more organic than the slick synths with which Drumma Boy backed its dual-single counterpart, and Juice’s flow feels more laid-back than ever before. The Anticipated, due out sometime this fall, will arrive a little late to bump in the car with the windows down (at least up here in Minnesota); until then, though, this track will fit nicely into my driving mixes.
Written by Dr. D on 06/8/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Put Cha Hands Up" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.