Approximately 47 years ago (I said approximately) Harlem heavy hitter Juelz Santana and a not-yet super famous Lil Wayne promised they’d be releasing the collabo album I Can’t Feel My Face, but label issues have shelved that project indefinitely. Determined to do something with the man, Santana has given Weezy F. hook duties on his new single Home Run, a head-nodding anthem produced by the ever-present Drumma Boy, who drops a relatively minimalistic, synth-heavy beat. For his part Juelz spits some solid though uninspired rhymes – cash and women flows are fine, but at least come up with a metaphor or two – and Weezy continues his disappointing You Know What It Is ways, eschewing some rap in favor of a mediocre at best, lightly auto-tuned chorus. In other words, Home Run is more of an infield single than a home run. The track is off Santana’s upcoming album Born to Lose, Built to Win, which currently has no set release date.
Written by Nathan S. on 01/19/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Second Coming ft. Just Blaze" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)