Approximately 47 years ago (I said approximately) Harlem heavy hitter Juelz Santana and a not-yet super famous Lil Wayne promised they’d be releasing the collabo album I Can’t Feel My Face, but label issues have shelved that project indefinitely. Determined to do something with the man, Santana has given Weezy F. hook duties on his new single Home Run, a head-nodding anthem produced by the ever-present Drumma Boy, who drops a relatively minimalistic, synth-heavy beat. For his part Juelz spits some solid though uninspired rhymes – cash and women flows are fine, but at least come up with a metaphor or two – and Weezy continues his disappointing You Know What It Is ways, eschewing some rap in favor of a mediocre at best, lightly auto-tuned chorus. In other words, Home Run is more of an infield single than a home run. The track is off Santana’s upcoming album Born to Lose, Built to Win, which currently has no set release date.
Written by Nathan S. on 01/19/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Second Coming ft. Just Blaze" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)