Approximately 47 years ago (I said approximately) Harlem heavy hitter Juelz Santana and a not-yet super famous Lil Wayne promised they’d be releasing the collabo album I Can’t Feel My Face, but label issues have shelved that project indefinitely. Determined to do something with the man, Santana has given Weezy F. hook duties on his new single Home Run, a head-nodding anthem produced by the ever-present Drumma Boy, who drops a relatively minimalistic, synth-heavy beat. For his part Juelz spits some solid though uninspired rhymes – cash and women flows are fine, but at least come up with a metaphor or two – and Weezy continues his disappointing You Know What It Is ways, eschewing some rap in favor of a mediocre at best, lightly auto-tuned chorus. In other words, Home Run is more of an infield single than a home run. The track is off Santana’s upcoming album Born to Lose, Built to Win, which currently has no set release date.
Written by Nathan S. on 01/19/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Second Coming ft. Just Blaze" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.