Approximately 47 years ago (I said approximately) Harlem heavy hitter Juelz Santana and a not-yet super famous Lil Wayne promised they’d be releasing the collabo album I Can’t Feel My Face, but label issues have shelved that project indefinitely. Determined to do something with the man, Santana has given Weezy F. hook duties on his new single Home Run, a head-nodding anthem produced by the ever-present Drumma Boy, who drops a relatively minimalistic, synth-heavy beat. For his part Juelz spits some solid though uninspired rhymes – cash and women flows are fine, but at least come up with a metaphor or two – and Weezy continues his disappointing You Know What It Is ways, eschewing some rap in favor of a mediocre at best, lightly auto-tuned chorus. In other words, Home Run is more of an infield single than a home run. The track is off Santana’s upcoming album Born to Lose, Built to Win, which currently has no set release date.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Second Coming ft. Just Blaze" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.