Although Juelz Santana is living the upscale life, he still has a heavy hand in the streets. On the street single, I’m A Boss, he enlists Corporate Thug Young Jeezy and two of the most lyrically nimble MCs in the game (Cassidy and Fabolous). Cass sets a powerful mood for the track (something essential for every hook man), Jeezy does his signature rhyme pattern & sequence and Loso once again displays his unique mix of playboy and street soldier. Top it all off with Breez’ electric-guitar production (straight out of India?) and I’m A Boss has incredible street appeal along the lines of Juelz’s earlier work (The Second Coming).
Written by Burmy on 09/13/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Second Coming ft. Just Blaze" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.