Although Juelz Santana is living the upscale life, he still has a heavy hand in the streets. On the street single, I’m A Boss, he enlists Corporate Thug Young Jeezy and two of the most lyrically nimble MCs in the game (Cassidy and Fabolous). Cass sets a powerful mood for the track (something essential for every hook man), Jeezy does his signature rhyme pattern & sequence and Loso once again displays his unique mix of playboy and street soldier. Top it all off with Breez’ electric-guitar production (straight out of India?) and I’m A Boss has incredible street appeal along the lines of Juelz’s earlier work (The Second Coming).
Written by Burmy on 09/13/07
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Second Coming ft. Just Blaze" (2007)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- ScHoolboy Q ft. Nas & BJ The Chicago Kid - Studio (Remix)
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- “Google Me Bitch”: A Lyrical Album Review of Rittz’ “Next to Nothing”
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.