Although Juelz Santana is living the upscale life, he still has a heavy hand in the streets. On the street single, I’m A Boss, he enlists Corporate Thug Young Jeezy and two of the most lyrically nimble MCs in the game (Cassidy and Fabolous). Cass sets a powerful mood for the track (something essential for every hook man), Jeezy does his signature rhyme pattern & sequence and Loso once again displays his unique mix of playboy and street soldier. Top it all off with Breez’ electric-guitar production (straight out of India?) and I’m A Boss has incredible street appeal along the lines of Juelz’s earlier work (The Second Coming).
Written by Burmy on 09/13/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Second Coming ft. Just Blaze" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.