Don’t call it a comeback, they’ve been here for years. The latest effort from Harlem hero Juelz Santana is a comeback track on two levels. For Juelz it’s an early attempt to regain the status he enjoyed at the height of his Whistle Song days, and for guest artist Chris Brown it’s a chance to prove that all that community service hasn’t dulled his star power. If you’re looking to blow up the radio it’s hard to do better than a beat from Polow da Don, and while Back to the Crib doesn’t feel like a smash hit to me, it should be more than enough to send the message that Juelz is back. Santana’s intricately titled Born to Lose, Built to Win (The Reagan Era) does not currently have a release date.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Second Coming ft. Just Blaze" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.