Don’t call it a comeback, they’ve been here for years. The latest effort from Harlem hero Juelz Santana is a comeback track on two levels. For Juelz it’s an early attempt to regain the status he enjoyed at the height of his Whistle Song days, and for guest artist Chris Brown it’s a chance to prove that all that community service hasn’t dulled his star power. If you’re looking to blow up the radio it’s hard to do better than a beat from Polow da Don, and while Back to the Crib doesn’t feel like a smash hit to me, it should be more than enough to send the message that Juelz is back. Santana’s intricately titled Born to Lose, Built to Win (The Reagan Era) does not currently have a release date.
Written by Nathan S. on 09/23/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Second Coming ft. Just Blaze" (2007)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- ScHoolboy Q ft. Nas & BJ The Chicago Kid - Studio (Remix)
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- “Google Me Bitch”: A Lyrical Album Review of Rittz’ “Next to Nothing”
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.