Don’t call it a comeback, they’ve been here for years. The latest effort from Harlem hero Juelz Santana is a comeback track on two levels. For Juelz it’s an early attempt to regain the status he enjoyed at the height of his Whistle Song days, and for guest artist Chris Brown it’s a chance to prove that all that community service hasn’t dulled his star power. If you’re looking to blow up the radio it’s hard to do better than a beat from Polow da Don, and while Back to the Crib doesn’t feel like a smash hit to me, it should be more than enough to send the message that Juelz is back. Santana’s intricately titled Born to Lose, Built to Win (The Reagan Era) does not currently have a release date.
Written by Nathan S. on 09/23/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Second Coming ft. Just Blaze" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.