Don’t call it a comeback, they’ve been here for years. The latest effort from Harlem hero Juelz Santana is a comeback track on two levels. For Juelz it’s an early attempt to regain the status he enjoyed at the height of his Whistle Song days, and for guest artist Chris Brown it’s a chance to prove that all that community service hasn’t dulled his star power. If you’re looking to blow up the radio it’s hard to do better than a beat from Polow da Don, and while Back to the Crib doesn’t feel like a smash hit to me, it should be more than enough to send the message that Juelz is back. Santana’s intricately titled Born to Lose, Built to Win (The Reagan Era) does not currently have a release date.
Written by Nathan S. on 09/23/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Second Coming ft. Just Blaze" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.