Chi-town rapper/producer Julian Malone kicked off his 2013 by declaring that he didn’t Give a Eff. Now, the BRKF$T CLUB emcee is back to prove it with freshly-minted mixtape single Let It Go. The first hint of non-f**k-giving comes before the song even begins: in defiance of listener expectations, he’s dropped two-thirds of his first name to become Ju’ Malone. That same devil-may-care attitude runs through his verses; over his own hazy, slow-burning production, the artist brushes aside fear and other limiting emotions to fully revel in his flyness. Narcisstic? Perhaps—but now that the rhymesayer’s succeeded in turning off his inhibitions, there’s no telling what he might accomplish. If you’re feeling it, you can expect more bangers on Malone DIFF.RNT tape, dropping digitally October 1.
Written by richard on 08/26/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.