Chi-town rapper/producer Julian Malone kicked off his 2013 by declaring that he didn’t Give a Eff. Now, the BRKF$T CLUB emcee is back to prove it with freshly-minted mixtape single Let It Go. The first hint of non-f**k-giving comes before the song even begins: in defiance of listener expectations, he’s dropped two-thirds of his first name to become Ju’ Malone. That same devil-may-care attitude runs through his verses; over his own hazy, slow-burning production, the artist brushes aside fear and other limiting emotions to fully revel in his flyness. Narcisstic? Perhaps—but now that the rhymesayer’s succeeded in turning off his inhibitions, there’s no telling what he might accomplish. If you’re feeling it, you can expect more bangers on Malone DIFF.RNT tape, dropping digitally October 1.
Written by richard on 08/26/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.