Chi-town rapper/producer Julian Malone kicked off his 2013 by declaring that he didn’t Give a Eff. Now, the BRKF$T CLUB emcee is back to prove it with freshly-minted mixtape single Let It Go. The first hint of non-f**k-giving comes before the song even begins: in defiance of listener expectations, he’s dropped two-thirds of his first name to become Ju’ Malone. That same devil-may-care attitude runs through his verses; over his own hazy, slow-burning production, the artist brushes aside fear and other limiting emotions to fully revel in his flyness. Narcisstic? Perhaps—but now that the rhymesayer’s succeeded in turning off his inhibitions, there’s no telling what he might accomplish. If you’re feeling it, you can expect more bangers on Malone DIFF.RNT tape, dropping digitally October 1.
Written by richard on 08/26/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)