Most up-and-comers would be overjoyed to answer their smart phone and hear a major-label A&R on the other line. Empire State buzzmaker JSWISS, however, has seen too many of his unwary peers get fleeced to sign on the dotted line. On new mixtape single Universal Just Called, the artist responds to a slick record exec’s overtures with a firm, “Thanks, but no thanks.” AltAir provides the cut’s compulsively head-noddable piano loop beat, and Ryan Cocca directs the newly-released official video. If this indie-and-proud anthem leaves you hungry for more, you’ll find what you seek on the artist’s DJBooth-hosted Awthenticity tape, available for free streaming and download as of May.
Written by richard on 09/23/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.