Most up-and-comers would be overjoyed to answer their smart phone and hear a major-label A&R on the other line. Empire State buzzmaker JSWISS, however, has seen too many of his unwary peers get fleeced to sign on the dotted line. On new mixtape single Universal Just Called, the artist responds to a slick record exec’s overtures with a firm, “Thanks, but no thanks.” AltAir provides the cut’s compulsively head-noddable piano loop beat, and Ryan Cocca directs the newly-released official video. If this indie-and-proud anthem leaves you hungry for more, you’ll find what you seek on the artist’s DJBooth-hosted Awthenticity tape, available for free streaming and download as of May.
Written by richard on 09/23/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.