Most up-and-comers would be overjoyed to answer their smart phone and hear a major-label A&R on the other line. Empire State buzzmaker JSWISS, however, has seen too many of his unwary peers get fleeced to sign on the dotted line. On new mixtape single Universal Just Called, the artist responds to a slick record exec’s overtures with a firm, “Thanks, but no thanks.” AltAir provides the cut’s compulsively head-noddable piano loop beat, and Ryan Cocca directs the newly-released official video. If this indie-and-proud anthem leaves you hungry for more, you’ll find what you seek on the artist’s DJBooth-hosted Awthenticity tape, available for free streaming and download as of May.
Written by richard on 09/23/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.