Does fortune choose whom to shine on at random, or does Karma ensure that people get what they deserve? If it’s the latter, y’all must have done something right for the universe to reward you with a record as dope as JSWISS‘s latest single. Keyboardist Daniel Crawford handles production on this joint, crafting an effervescent jazz backdrop for the Empire State representative’s thoughtful narrative bars. Spoken word artist Dasan Ahanu contributes a guest 16, and soul singer Karen Bernod handles the hook. Karma is the first release off SWISS’s ALLCAPSNOSPACES EP, which currently lacks a drop date. As always, fans can keep it locked for the latest.
Written by richard on 05/19/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.