JSWISS’ latest music video, Four Corners, might share its name with the kid-approved recess game, but I assure you this record is not Child’s Play. While not bland by any means, Brown Bag All Star Dee Jay Element’s subtle production does not incorporate a lot of bells in whistles, the standout element some dope scratches courtesy of DJ Brace, which in turn means that JSWISS must carry the track. And with a crisp flow, full of potent one-liners, SWISS does just that. As he strolls around his city, Chapel Hill, NC, the emcee spits with conviction, combining a razor sharp delivery with memorable video game inspired banter, “No simulated characters like its Capcom.” For more authentic, passionate hip-hop check out SWISS’ #LeaveMeALoan EP, which is available on his Bandcamp page. Before you leave, though, feel free to indulge in J’s last three DJBooth features, most recently May’s Got Em.
Written by Lucas G. on 12/17/12
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.