JSWISS’ latest music video, Four Corners, might share its name with the kid-approved recess game, but I assure you this record is not Child’s Play. While not bland by any means, Brown Bag All Star Dee Jay Element’s subtle production does not incorporate a lot of bells in whistles, the standout element some dope scratches courtesy of DJ Brace, which in turn means that JSWISS must carry the track. And with a crisp flow, full of potent one-liners, SWISS does just that. As he strolls around his city, Chapel Hill, NC, the emcee spits with conviction, combining a razor sharp delivery with memorable video game inspired banter, “No simulated characters like its Capcom.” For more authentic, passionate hip-hop check out SWISS’ #LeaveMeALoan EP, which is available on his Bandcamp page. Before you leave, though, feel free to indulge in J’s last three DJBooth features, most recently May’s Got Em.
Written by Lucas G. on 12/17/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.