JSWISS’ latest music video, Four Corners, might share its name with the kid-approved recess game, but I assure you this record is not Child’s Play. While not bland by any means, Brown Bag All Star Dee Jay Element’s subtle production does not incorporate a lot of bells in whistles, the standout element some dope scratches courtesy of DJ Brace, which in turn means that JSWISS must carry the track. And with a crisp flow, full of potent one-liners, SWISS does just that. As he strolls around his city, Chapel Hill, NC, the emcee spits with conviction, combining a razor sharp delivery with memorable video game inspired banter, “No simulated characters like its Capcom.” For more authentic, passionate hip-hop check out SWISS’ #LeaveMeALoan EP, which is available on his Bandcamp page. Before you leave, though, feel free to indulge in J’s last three DJBooth features, most recently May’s Got Em.
Written by Lucas G. on 12/17/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.