JR & PH7 may not be new to the Booth but, since their first (and, to date, last) appearance was nearly two years ago, I’ll refresh your memory: hailing from Cologne, Germany, the production duo were introduced in March ‘09 with Black Milk/Guilty Simpson collab Top Rank. Now, the beatsmiths are back on our front page with Let’s Get It, the third single off their sophomore set. This street-ready selection finds the beatsmiths blending gritty piano chords, pensive organ riffs and hard-nosed percussion (accented by the occasional clink of a fallen shell) as underground vet Rasco delivers a booming chronicle of his paper chase. Though the subject matter’s as old as cash itself, the San Fran mainstay’s intense delivery makes this joint well worth the price of admission, and the classic samples on the bridge (Wu-Tang‘s Ice Cream, O.C.‘s My World...) only add to the retro freshness. Like what you’re hearing? You can find more where where this came from on JR & PH7’s The Update LP, released last November via Soulspazm Records/Foundation Media.
Written by richard on 02/7/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Gat in Your Mouth" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.