Here’s a head-scratcher for you: what do the cities of Detroit, Michigan and Cologne, Germany have in common? As far as I know, the answer was “very little” until this song came along. In the latest testament to hip-hop’s status as a truly global art form, German production duo JR&PH7 have joined forces with two Motor City vets to prove that border-crossing collabos can indeed yield Top Rank results. Guilty Simpson‘s bookends the cut with booming verses, flexing his authoritative flow as he lets listeners know that nothing will stop him from getting that paper, while Slum Village emcee/producer Black Milk amps up the wordplay in between. Their double-barreled lyrical attack hits home with the force of “two Scud missiles,” and JR&PH7 top the track off with some street-certified boardwork, accenting their bass-heavy beat with spaced-out synth flourishes. This Top Rank cut is only the tip of the iceberg for JR&PH7; due out April 7th, forthcoming LP The Standard will feature appearances by Planet Asia, Skyzoo, Oddisee, and more.
Written by richard on 03/18/09
German beat duo JR&PH7 have come together with The DJBooth to bring listeners their latest street release, the So Far, So Good mixtape. A precursor to the Cologne natives' junior set (scheduled for release in fall of 2012...
Soulspazm Records/Foundation Media
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bloody Sunday" (2011)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)