If you drive North of the Border and flip on the radio, it’s a good bet you’ll hear JRDN‘s voice traveling over the Canadian airwaves. The Halifax crooner who brought us Live My Dream and Can’t Choose is currently the biggest-selling artist in his home country. New single Love Ain’t Enough must have been penned before his big break, as it finds him flat broke thanks to the depredations of a gold-digging ex. Backed by Chuck Harmony’ anthemic pop boardwork, JRDN laments, “I spent my last dime, and I ain’t got sh*t to give.” Here’s hoping he find a more grateful girl on whom to lavish the fruits of his recent successes. This joint is slated for inclusion on a forthcoming EP, the title and release date of which have yet to be determined. As always, fans can keep their browsers locked for the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 01/10/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Live My Dream" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.