Like many artists, Canadian R&B singer JRDN doesn’t see music simply as a vocation; it’s also a way of bridging the gap between his quotidian existence and the life he fantasizes about leading. On Live My Dream, the unsigned crooner’s latest single, he lists off a few of the things he hopes to achieve with the help of his art, from the usual money, fame and world travel to the audacious goal of cuckolding Shawn Carter (“I want to make love to Beyoncé, at least one time, that’s all / And if Jay-Z kills me it’ll be a smile on my face at the funeral.”). Beatsmith Danny Boy Styles provides a warm synth instrumental to back his reveries. Nothing has been revealed regarding the project to which this cut will be attached, but we in the Booth will keep you posted as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 02/22/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Can’t Choose" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.