Like many artists, Canadian R&B singer JRDN doesn’t see music simply as a vocation; it’s also a way of bridging the gap between his quotidian existence and the life he fantasizes about leading. On Live My Dream, the unsigned crooner’s latest single, he lists off a few of the things he hopes to achieve with the help of his art, from the usual money, fame and world travel to the audacious goal of cuckolding Shawn Carter (“I want to make love to Beyoncé, at least one time, that’s all / And if Jay-Z kills me it’ll be a smile on my face at the funeral.”). Beatsmith Danny Boy Styles provides a warm synth instrumental to back his reveries. Nothing has been revealed regarding the project to which this cut will be attached, but we in the Booth will keep you posted as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 02/22/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Can’t Choose" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)